Thank you to Encore.org consultant and former leader of Generations Incorporated Mary Gunn for speaking with us last Wednesday about the value of a well-defined and intentionally designed intergenerational workforce and volunteer force.
- Call for Boston Bridge Board Nominations:
- We are looking for nominations for the Board of Directors of Boston Bridge. Click here to learn more. You can nominate yourself or someone else. Nominations are due by our May 15th meeting and all nominees will be notified in June.
For Our May Meeting:
- May Speaker:
- We look forward to welcoming Joe Carella, director of the Scandinavian Living Center, to speak at our next meeting about community-centered living philosophies and benefits.
- Membership Dues:
- Be sure to pay your yearly membership dues before our June 19th members only meeting. Our membership dues cycle is from September 2018 through June 2019: $30 for professionals and $20 for students. Click here to pay online.
- April is National Healthcare Decisions Month. Take some time to think about what matters most to you and Write Your Script to align your care with your values and preferences.
- Check out MassDOT’s newly launched pilot program incentivizing companies like Lyft and Uber to increase the availability of wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- End of life conversations can be emotional. They can also be very practical. Read this Globe piece on “If I go first” conversations.
- Learn about Hippocamera, a new app designed to act as a memory prosthetic for people with Alzheimer’s.
- Looking for comprehensive care for people with Alzheimer’s, their loved ones and caregivers? Learn about the newly opened Center for Memory Health.
- Mark your calendar for the 2019 Senior Olympics!
- Where can you find grandparents in the spotlight and grandkids in the audience? The Ms. Senior DC Pageant, for starters.
- A centenarian chain-smoking marathon runner who takes breaks to smoke and drink beer? Just one of the many characters you’ll meet in the “How to Live Forever” documentary.
- Watch the Threshold Choir give the gift of bedside song to people who are dying. Read about a local chapter here.
We look forward to seeing many of you in May!
~Ilana Klarman, Boston Bridge Board Vice President