The MIT AgeLab Needs Your Help!
The MIT AgeLab (http://agelab.mit.edu) is working to better understand the challenges faced by family caregivers caring for a parent or parent-in-law. We are reaching out to you to see if you might be interested in and eligible to participate in a discussion group where you will be asked to talk about your experience as a caregiver, the challenges you face, and brainstorm as a group some possible solutions to different challenges.
Discussion group info:
- Date: mid-Septemember (there are multiple date/time options listed in the questionnaire)
- Time commitment: 3 hours
- Location: MIT AgeLab, 1 Amherst Street, Cambridge, MA
- Compensation: $200 check via mail
Study participants should:
- Provide care for a parent or parent-in-law
- Be the primary caregiver
- Provide care for at least 10 hours of in person care per month
- Be caring for someone who lives in the community, not someone who lives in an institutional setting such as a nursing home or assisted living facility
If you are interested in taking part in the group, please click on the link below to answer questions to determine your eligibility for the study.
Once completed, we will be in touch to let you know if you qualify and will discuss dates for the discussion group with you. Qualified participants who take part in the discussion group will receive $200 in the form of a check that will be mailed after the group.
All data collected throughout the study and through the link below will be stored in a secure location and will remain confidential.
To complete the online questionnaire, click here: https://qaz1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_abIu2JYa3k78xz7
Please forward this to any caregivers in the greater Boston area you know who you think may be interested in participating.
Please let us know if you have any questions.