Good morning Boston Bridge!
A big thank you to Al Norman of Mass Home Care who taught us about the advocacy work and lobbying that he and his network do to ensure that MA seniors can live independently in their homes as long as possible without breaking the bank. This was our last official program for the year, but we will be having a special members-only event in June, with details forthcoming. We have over 50 members to date! Below are a host of articles and resources for you all to enjoy this lovely May day.
- This Guardian article is about recent hopeful research on Alzheimer’s disease.
- This NY Times article is about a test that distinguish between regular memory loss and dementia.
- This is President Obama’s proclamation for Older Americans Month.
- This one is about playgrounds for seniors!
- Attached is an article about a wave of older women who are making it big in the fashion industry.
- And we spoke last night about the new state administration, and with that comes a new secretary of elder affairs! Read about Alice Bonner here.
- Elders react to Snapchat. See for yourself.
- And this is a sweet video (featuring a few older adults) that shows us that love doesn’t have to have labels.
- The Aging with Dignity Conference is on June 3 and will focus on substance abuse among seniors.